Volunteer Clearance Requirements for 2021-22 School Year
For the safety of our students at St. John the Baptist Catholic School, we require each volunteer to have the following clearances on file BEFORE their first day of volunteering with our students! If you do not have clearances on file, you will not be allowed to volunteer at school. Clearances are valid for 59 months.
1. Mandated Reporter On-line Training
- See instructions HERE (<– click for info) for Mandated REPORTING first.
- Log on as a MANDATED REPORTER not permissive reporter.
- Three hours of training is required. http://www.hbgdiocese.org/safeyouth/youth-protection-on-line-training
- For the start date, estimate when you started volunteering, not the date you are doing the training.
- A certificate of completion must be printed at the end of the training and submitted to the school office.
2. PA Criminal History Background Check
- https://epatch.state.pa.us (free for volunteers) (WRITE DOWN THE CONTROL NUMBER BEFORE PRINTING)
- (Starts with a ‘R’)
- Print out the certificate by clicking on “certificate form” and submit to the school office.
3. PA Child Abuse Background Check through the Department of Human Services
- www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis (free for volunteers)
- click on “create individual account”
- You will receive an email with your certificate.
- Please submit a copy to the school office.
4. Adult Unpaid Volunteer Disclosure Statement (revised Oct 2015)
- Fill out and submit this form to the school office: Unpaid Disclosure Statement
**ONLY IF YOU HAVE NOT LIVED IN PENNSYLVANIA FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS**
- Fingerprint based Federal Criminal History (FBI) submitted through IdentoGO. See below for registration info.
REGISTRATION – **REMEMBER – this is ONLY needed if you have NOT lived in PA for the past 10 years.**
- Applicants must register prior to going to an IDEMIA IdentoGO – State Agency – Enrollment fingerprint site. Walk-in service is available, but all applicants are required to complete pre-enrollment in the new Universal Enrollment system.
1. Access: https://uenroll.identogo.com/
Or Call 1-844-321-2101 Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 6:00pm EST
- See below (NON-PUBLIC SCHOOLS) for the applicable six-digit fingerprint Service Code to ensure fingerprints are processed for the correct agency/or applicant type.
Non-Public Schools Service Code (1KG6Y3) applies only to:
- Adult Catholic School Volunteers who have not been continuous residents of PA for 10 years.